Skip to main content

Live Cricket Score

West Indian cricketer Marlon Samuels pays tribute to Pakistan Army

KARACHI: They came to Pakistan, played the final of Pakistan Super* League, shared love with Pakistani people and won hearts of many fans in country, and they continue to do so.

36-year old West Indian cricketer Marlon Samuels, on Saturday, released an emotional message for Pakistani fans, in which he also thanked Pakistan Army for providing security and to the chief of Army Staff General Qamar Bajwa for honoring Peshawar Zalmi players.



“It’s a privilege and honor to be acknowledged by you,” Samuels said in a video message.

“I want to take this opportunity to say thank you Pakistan Army for the way they dealt with the things, security was top class, we couldn’t have ask for better security,” he added.

Samuels added that playing PSL final for Peshawar Zalmi in Lahore was more than just a cricket match for him, and hoped that it would open doors for more Cricket in Pakistan.

“For me, it more than just me coming to Pakistan and play a cricket game. It’s the significance behind the team and success of the team, and smile at the face of people.” Samuels said.

I have spent a lot of time with Pakistanis in Jamaica they all are my friends. So, I am Pakistani in my heart. So, it didn’t take much for me to decide to come to Pakistan,” he added.

The veteran of 71 Tests, 187 ODIs and 51 T20Is also requested the ICC to consider opening doors for international Cricket in Pakistan.

“Cricket should definitely comeback to Pakistan now and I will continue to promote this until I die,” he said.


Watch Video Here

“ICC, you need to look into Cricket going back to Pakistan. Because there is so much Pakistanis waiting and would love to see a lot of Cricketers in front of them,” said Marlon Samuels while addressing the Cricket’s global governing body.

The Jamaican star said that he’s also a soldier in his home town and expressed his desire to be part of Pakistan Army.







“I wouldn’t mind coming back to Pakistan if I get a metallic badge at my shoulder cause in Jamaica I am a soldier and that’s why I wore my Army suit to Pakistan. I am just waiting for the metallic, so whenever you’re ready to let me to be a part of your army, I am ready. I am a soldier in Jamaica and I want to be a part of Pakistan Army,” he said while addressing Pakistan’s Army chief General Qamar Bajwa with raising his hand to salute him.

“And may this win, and cricket like the finals that came to Pakistan put a lot of smile and make the people happy. And I wish that more cricket come to Pakistan. I will definitely coming back to Pakistan,” Samuels said toward the end of the video message which has already won heart of fans all over the country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look at these 45 Awesome Paintings

Paintings of Artist Mohan Manimala   He is most talented artist who works at senior artist in Malayala manorama weeklyborn at ... PA Naidu Paintings Nice painting feel good amotion.....great

Shahid Afridi new house in Karachi

Former Pakistani skipper Shahid Afridi has bought a new house for his family. In the past few days there was a lot of chat going on the social media related to this house. We have all seen the photos taken from the new house.

Shoaib Akhtar injures Ganguly with a bouncer

Shoaib Akhtar once injured the Indian opening batsman and captain Sourav Ganguly with the ball. Shoaib was always very expressive with his pace. He used to hit the ball hard on the pitch and generate bounce with pace. This used to make him really difficult to play. This game was played between Pakistan and India on an Indian ground. Shoaib hit the ball in the ribcage of Sourav Ganguly and made him lie flat on the wicket. Ganguly was taken out of the ground and into the hospital. Later it was revealed that he got a few ribs broken and he remained out of international cricket for some time. This was a pretty dangerous ball from Shoaib. On a flat wicket he was able to make the ball bounce up. The ball went straight towards the body of the batter. Ganguly was never good in playing short balls which used to come in towards his body. He missed this one and Shoaib was able to hit the rubs of Ganguly. The ball made a devastating impact. Ganguly fell down and was in severe pain. He was transfer